Within this section, you’ll find recommendations for books, articles, blogs and podcasts as well as guest posts shared from unique perspectives in the field of mind-body-spirit. Purchasing, engaging with and sharing these resources is a concrete way to stand in solidarity. I hope that in gathering and promoting material by these authors, we’ll each be able to dig deeper and to challenge ourselves.
Are you a womxn or non-binary creator from a diverse background (race, ethnicity, spirituality, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression, ability, etc.) and an author or speaker in the mind-body-spirit genre who is committed to inclusivity and standing in solidarity with the oppressed? If so, would you care to have your work included as a recommended read/listen? If the answers are yes, please click here. I will respond via email to obtain an author biography and work out the details if your work is a good fit.
2018 Diverse Mind-Body-Spirit Featured Voices
Recommendations here are intended to showcase writers, authors and speakers from diverse backgrounds whose material is relevant to the mind-body-spirit genre.
Recommendations are listed in reverse chronological order:
- Artist and creative writer who leads interactive workshops related to decolonization and spirituality, facilitates healing through Inner Dance, and acts as a culture bearer for Pinay womxn.
- Author whose work includes teaching and scholarship as a full-time academic, leading yoga retreats, and promoting literacy which centers Black girls and womxn.
- Creates zines which cover a variety of diversity topics, including disability and queerness.
- Promotes inclusivity through the use of writing prompts and podcasts which address racism.
- A Psychic Medium and Tarot reader whose work celebrates spirituality and creativity.
Please click here to visit the main page for the Affirming Writer Project.
All rights reserved © 2018 Suzanne Tidewater, Goddessing From the Heart