For today’s #InspirationFanatic Friday, I want to share ideas for ways to create and use macrame baskets, woven with string, to hold crystals, stones or other precious objects. I learned how to create the baskets using this Youtube tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXlU1xvRkmw I found it easy to follow so I thought I’d share directly.
Tips For Use with Crystals
- As you create the basket, place the crystal in it several times in order to get the spacing of the knots to be correct.
- Use thicker string to start with as it is easier to see what you are doing and to redo if needed.
- Remember you are working in 3-D, so pull the basket into an upside-down cone shape as you work. I had very uneven knots the first time because I was laying it flat.
Creative Uses of Macrame Crystal Baskets
I really enjoyed this project, in part because it was very easy to master. I love the temporary nature of it as well. The basket can be taken apart without damage and reused for another crystal or stone. You can use your favorite crystal from your altar for a season and then return it to its original purpose.
A few specific ideas:
- Jewelry such as necklaces and bracelets
- Ornaments for your Yule tree or doorway
- A way to carry a special rune with you
- If you go small, a keychain or purse decoration
I am planning to add sophistication to my baskets with additional smaller stones and embellishments. How have you or could you see putting these fun creations in to use?